My “bake element” caught on fire and corroded last week. I’ve already replaced the circuit board on this oven, about a year after we moved in to this house. So I’m no stranger to appliance repairs. A couple YouTube videos assured me that I was capable of this job.

$70 and a half week of no baking, waiting for shipping, and I have a working oven again! It took less than a single podcast to switch them out.

I was having second thoughts about whether the element really needed resolving. But when I put them side by side, and found a crack that easily split open, I was reassured that it really needed replacing.

I’m going to make Cornish pasties to celebrate!

Here’s the kids after sledding Sunday afternoon. Red cheeks and hot chocolate: