Waiting for the elevator to take me downstairs for the last time. The next time I put on scrubs to go to a hospital, I’ll be an RN. Hoo, boy.
It was a good last day. I like lists, so here:
- I had two pleasant, friendly men with cardiac problems
- I totally heard a murmur. Not just sort of – a REAL murmur. Finally.
- The lemon pound cake that I made for the nurses was devoured by midnight. (see shot-a-day blog)
- It was only an 8 hour shift
- I didn’t get mugged in the middle of the night for the whole month. Yay!
- My nurse gave me tons of compliments, boosting my confidence
- And what made it a GREAT shift? NO POOP! Seriously. I can deal with it when I have to, but I HATE having patients poop in the ICU where there aren’t bathrooms.
It went by so fast. I’m so excited to get back to a normal life, but I don’t think that will happen for at least another 3 months.